How To Get Clean Air In Your ApartmentDate: July 20th, 2020
Apartment living is full of perks, especially if you live in our Houston luxury apartments at One Park Place (OPP). After the past few months, we’ve probably all spent more time at home than we can ever remember. Creating a safe and healthy living space is more important than ever, and with that comes the importance of breathing in clean air inside your apartment home.
Our downtown Houston apartments are primed for boosting your indoor oxygen flow, which allows you to breathe in clean air easy. Here’s what you can expect from your OPP team and some additional tips for helping breathe clean air:
- 1. Our maintenance team changes out your air filters on a regular basis. If you aren’t sure the last time your air filter was changed, just give us a call and ask maintenance to take a look. If you live somewhere where you are in charge of changing your air filters, we recommend setting a monthly reminder on your phone, so you don’t forget.
- 2. Cleaning your air vents is also something that will help boost your indoor oxygen flow as well as help filter out allergens and dirt. This is something else our maintenance team can help you with at OPP.
- 3. Skip air fresheners. Did you know a studyby the Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) shows that most store-bought air fresheners, plug-ins and other air sanitizers contain toxic ingredients? These include acetone, butane, propane, and formaldehyde, which are all linked to respiratory problems.
- 4. Instead of air fresheners, let the fresh air inside. Each of our downtown Houston apartment floor plans has a private balcony making it easy for fresh air to circulate inside your apartment home. We know it’s Houston and it gets hot, hot, hot, but remember to open your sliding glass door or windows every few days with the fan circulating to help breathe in that fresh air.
- 5. Our downtown Houston apartments have hardwood floors and low-pile carpet in the bedrooms, which help limit allergens and dust. Just remember to regularly clean and vacuum your carpets.
- 6. The OPP cleaning and maintenance team regularly clean all the ducts and common areas, to help ensure our residents have the cleanest air and overall community.
A few other tips to ensure your apartment has clean air flowing through is to remember to regularly change your bed sheets and linens. Bed linens, throw pillows, curtains, and other in-home décor items are notorious for holding allergens and other dust and dirt that prevent the air from being clean.
Investing in plants is another great idea for helping with the air quality in your home (remember our succulent kits that added a tiny bit of greenery to your indoor spaces and balconies?), and you also have the option for a HEPA air purifier.
Pets are another culprit for allergens and dust mites, so be sure to regularly clean your apartment (or hire someone) if you have a pet to help get rid of pet dander that could be preventing easy breathing inside your home.
Think about how much time you spend at home. Your indoor air quality is incredibly important. In fact, here’s what one Wired article had to say, “The environment that has the greatest impact on our health, the one where we spend up to 90 percent of our days, is mostly unregulated and often makes us sick. It’s where we live and breathe: our homes and offices. Indoor air pollution causes a constellation of symptoms: headaches, fatigue, and low productivity, sometimes referred to as sick building syndrome.”
If you have questions about the air quality in your downtown Houston apartment, be sure to give our leasing office or maintenance team a call. Your health and comfort at OPP will always remain our top priority.
Be sure to check out our downtown Houston apartment blog for more tips on living your best life and fun things to do in downtown Houston. Stop by for a private tour or call one of our friendly leasing agents at 713.868.5933. Don’t forget to ask about our current leasing incentives on all floor plans to help you save money on rent!